COMPULSORY BASIC TRAINING “CBT”
To Book your CBT now call 0203 417 0288 or Click Here
For everyone looking to ride a Bike, the CBT is where it all begins as completing a compulsory basic training (CBT) is the starting point to riding on the roads. Starting couldn’t be easier
Follow these steps easy as saying 1, 2 3!
1. License: Ensure you have a Full or Provisional UK driving licence
2. Choose Automatic or Manual
3. Book your CBT by calling 0203 417 0288 or click here to book online
For more information on the CBT and what happens on the day read below
THE CBT DAY…
The CBT course involves 5 elements:
- Practical on-site training
- Practical on-site riding
- Practical on-road training
- Practical on-road riding
The 5 elements have to be completed in sequence This is usually a 1 DAY COURSE. You will receive your CBT certificate at the end of Element ‘E’ your instructor is satisfied you have learnt the necessary theory and demonstrated the practical skills to a safe basic level.
What happens next…
- After completing your CBT you will then be able to ride a moped, scooter, or motorcycle up to 125cc (not exceeding 14.6bhp) on the road.
- Please note, you need to be 17 or over to ride a machine over 49cc.
- At 16 years of age you are limited to riding a moped (this will be 49cc or less, limited to 31mph and can be either automatic or geared).
- You will still be subject to learner restrictions, for example you cannot carry passengers and must display L plates front and rear.
Once you have successfully completed your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) training, your next step to obtaining your full motorbike licence is to pass your motorcycle theory test, and then decide whether you would like to sit the Direct Access Scheme (DAS) or the Restricted Licence.